- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Sautéed wild mushrooms, shallots and garlic give this creamy risotto its rich and flavorful taste. Accompany with an American Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Photo originally appeared on life123.com
- 3 cups mixed wild mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Place the butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, cook for an additional 2 minutes, stiffing frequently, and then slowly stir in the broth and the water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the rice mixture for 25 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cheese to the pan, stir to combine and then cover the pan and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.