- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Serves 4
Casserole equals comfort food. A creamy and filling meal for the entire family to enjoy on a lazy Sunday.
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup whole scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and combine noodles, thyme and salt in a 2-quart casserole dish; set to the side.
- In large saucepan, blend the soup and milk on medium heat. Stir constantly until smooth.
- Mix in the tuna, green pepper, water chestnuts, scallions, mayonnaise and all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Continue stirring over medium heat until the cheese has melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and mix well. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the remaining cheese and toasted almonds
- Bake the casserole for approximately 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.