- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These simple wraps, bursting with the exotic flavors of Thai cuisine, are not only tasty but can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups packaged shredded broccoli
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and the garlic over medium heat. Cook the mixture until the sugar has dissolved and then set aside to cool.
- Place the tortillas in foil and put in the oven for 10 minutes to heat.
- In the meantime, sprinkle the chicken with the garlic salt and the pepper until evenly coated.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to ensure even cooking, and then remove and set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, along with the onion and the ginger. Sauté for 3 minutes and then transfer to a plate.
- Assemble the wraps by first spreading each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce mixture and then topping with chicken and the broccoli mixture. Roll up each tortilla and secure if needed with a toothpick. Serve immediately.