- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 28 min
- Total: 1 hr 3 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These are perfect for a first course vegetable dish, or for a main entrée served with a side of risotto. Use fresh zucchini when in season for the best results.
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 8 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and scrub the zucchini and then take a slice, cutting lengthwise, off the top third of the zucchini.
- Hollow out the zucchini with a spoon and then roughly chop up the insides.
- Place the zucchini, cut face down, on a baking sheet greased with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sauté the onion and chopped zucchini for about 7 minutes until onion is soft. Sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the feta and the tomatoes.
- Remove the zucchini from the oven and stuff with the onion mixture. Evenly top each zucchini with the feta mixture and then bake for an additional 6 minutes. Serve warm.