- Prep: 4 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 4 hr 5 min
- Serving: 12 Servings
The name Sangria comes from the Spanish word ‘sangre’ which means blood; enjoy this vibrant colored beverage with spicy Spanish cuisine.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1-1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 nectarines, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut in half then sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 (Kirby (pickling) cucumber), sliced
- 3 cups seltzer or club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Place the wine, orange juice, brandy and sugar in a pitcher, and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the fruit and the cucumber and then place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to chill.
- Before serving, gently add the seltzer, stir and serve over ice.