- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Whip up a batch of this Simple Salsa Skillet made with sweet peppers, potatoes, corn, chicken and beans. Enjoy it as a one-dish meal or serve it as a savory side to an omelet for brunch.
- 1 green sweet pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 15-1/4 to 17-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15- or 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- Place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the red and green peppers and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, chicken, corn, black beans, and salsa and cook the mixture over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, covered. Serve immediately.