- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This simple stuffing made with celery, apples and pork sausage cannot get any easier or any more delicious. Using a prepared seasoned and corn bread stuffing mix cuts this dish’s preparation time in half.
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1/2 green apple, chopped
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Seasoned Stuffing
- 2 cups Corn Bread Stuffing
- Place the broth, black pepper, celery, onion and apples into a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and gently simmer, covered, for 6 minutes.
- Gently stir in the pork sausage and the seasoned and corn bread stuffing, and then transfer the mixture to a serving bowl; serve immediately.