- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 12 People
This traditional Middle Eastern fare is an easy crowd pleaser. It pairs well with pita chips, flat breads and veggies. Experiment with different flavors by adding chopped sun-dried tomatoes or a bit of pesto.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans rinsed and drained; reserve 1/4 cup liquid
- 1/4 cup tahini, stirred
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about two lemons)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except pine nuts, into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle pine nuts and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Serve with pita bread, whole wheat crackers, carrots and celery. Store leftovers in refrigerator.