- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
A traditional and tasty soup, Simple Egg Drop Soup is great on a cold evening. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables for an simple and satisfying meal.
- 4 cups chicken stock (plus an additional 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped (the entire onion)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pan, bring the 4 cups of chicken stock and the soy sauce to a boil. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons chicken stock as a thickening agent. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the stock, stirring constantly, until thick. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add the two eggs to the stock, making sure to stir in the same direction. The eggs should fan out in the pan. Turn off the heat and add the green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.