- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 6-8
Using cooked rotisserie chicken helps get this warm and comforting soup on the table in less than 20 minutes.
- 3 quarts canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- Cooked rotisserie chicken meat, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Pour the stock into a large stock pot and place over medium-high heat.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, add the carrots and continue to simmer for 6 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and then add to the pot with the chicken stock.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and season the soup with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the soup begins to boil.
- Once boiling, remove the soup from the heat, stir in the dill and the parsley and ladle into bowls.