- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Use freshly picked apples from the local orchard for this simple fall dessert. Serve warm and top with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1/2 Granny smith apple, cored and very thinly sliced (1/16th inch)
- 1/2 Braeburn or Fuji apple, cored and very thinly sliced (1/16th inch)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unfold the puff pastry and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the almonds, 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and process the mixture until finely chopped.
- Evenly sprinkle the almond mixture over the pastry, leaving about a 1/4-inch border around the edges.
- Top with the apple slices, overlapping each slice to create a shingle design.
- Brush the apple slices with the egg wash and then evenly sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 23 minutes. Serve warm.