- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 1 Quart
This recipe uses the microwave to soften the apples and will help you whip up this tasty side dish in no time.
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 3 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- In a sealable microwave-safe container, combine apples with all other ingredients. Close lid, leaving one corner of lid open to allow steam to escape. Microwave on high for 10 minutes until apples have softened.
- Using a hand mixer or potato masher to blend to desired consistency. Serve hot or chill for later use.