- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A great starter for a seafood-inspired dinner party, use freshly shucked oysters for this creamy soup.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 pint shucked oysters
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Pat of butter to garnish
- Place the butter into a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until soft, then add the oysters, a few sprinkles of salt, and cook for about 6 minutes or until oysters begin to curl around the edges.
- Pour in the half-and-half and then add the parsley, pimiento and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until mixture is hot. Serve immediately topped with a pat of butter to garnish.