- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Mafalda Noodles are flat, rectangular noodles with ruffles on both edges. They make a beautiful presentation especially in this colorful shrimp, tomato and baby spinach dish.
- 6 ounce mafalda noodles
- 12 ounce fresh or frozen and thawed medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, patted dry
- 1-1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper or crushed red pepper
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain and then return to the pot.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds, and then add the shrimp and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp out of the pan and set aside.
- Place the broth, cornstarch and basil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook until the sauce becomes thick and begins to bubble. Stir in the spinach and tomatoes, cook for 1 minute, and then add the shrimp and the pasta; cook until heated through. Serve the dish topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.