- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Succulent pieces of grilled shrimp are bathed in a fragrant lemon and saffron infused olive oil sauce.
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron stems, crumbled and dissolved in a little lemon juice
- 6 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 24 jumbo shrimp in the shell
- Place the lemon juice, saffron and garlic in a food processor, and process for 15 seconds.
- Add the Dijon mustard and pulse to combine, then add the egg, egg yolks and lemon zest and process for 15 seconds.
- With the machine running, slowly pour in the 1-1/2 cups olive oil until emulsified.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and pulse to combine.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with 5 tablespoons of the olive oil mixture. Toss to coat and then let stand for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side or until opaque. Serve with the remaining olive oil sauce as a dip.