- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simple shrimp dish is boldly flavored with garlic, wine and feta. Serve it with a side of fresh country bread to sop up all the delicious sauce.
- 1-1/2 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- chopped parsley and lemon wedges
- Put the shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and the oregano and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté the mixture for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat, or until the shrimp is opaque.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the wine and continue to cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Gently fold the cheese into the mixture and serve immediately sprinkled with the chopped parsley and lemon wedges.