- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 12
Sweet peppers, in their beautiful array of warm, lively colors, become eye-catching appetizers when stuffed with a flavorful shrimp and goat cheese filling. Serve peppers on a platter garnished with sprigs of flat-leaf parsley and fresh lemon slices.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 12 sweet peppers in a range of colors (each 2 to 3 inches long)
- 10 medium-sized cooked shrimp
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Slice off the stem and very top of each pepper and remove the seeds. Place peppers in broth and reduce heat to a vigorous simmer. Cook peppers for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Peppers should be just tender, still retaining a crisp shape. Transfer to paper towels and drain cut-side down.
- In a food processor, combine shrimp, goat cheese, lemon zest, parsley and capers. Pulse a few times to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Pulse a few more times.
- Stuff each pepper with shrimp mixture and transfer to the prepared baking dish. If serving right away, place baking dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp mixture is heated through. If serving later, place baking dish in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, bake in the oven for 20 minutes.