- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This is such an attractive and elegant dish to serve as a starter when entertaining. Accompany with either a French Chablis or a Pouilly-Fumé.
- 4 firm ripe avocados
- 1 pound medium sized cooked shrimp, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced finely
- 2 radishes, diced finely
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 celery stalks, diced finely
- 2 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 5 tablespoons regular mayonnaise
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the onions, radishes, bell pepper, celery, eggs, shrimp, 1/2 of the lime juice and the mayonnaise into a bowl and stir vigorously until thoroughly blended. Season the mixture with a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half; remove the pit and then peel. Brush the avocados with the remaining lime juice to prevent browning and then fill with the shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.