- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The seafood in this refreshing salad is complimented by the creamy avocado and tangy citrus, making it a perfect dish for a warm summer evening.
- 4 medium dry sea scallops, quartered
- 1 small ruby-red grapefruit
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat
- 8 large jumbo shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a rolling boil over high heat, and then add the scallops and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Using a sharp paring knife, remove and discard the peel and the pith from the grapefruit and then cut out the grapefruit sections into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together until combined. Slowly pour in the oil and continue to whisk.
- Stir the scallops, crab and shrimp into the vinaigrette until well-coated.
- In a large serving bowl, place the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and grapefruit and toss to combine. Add in the seafood mixture and the grapefruit and toss again.