- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Serve this Southwestern-styled salad for a luncheon or bring to an outdoor potluck.
- 3/4 pound shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1-1/2 cups cooked or canned black beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Place the shrimp in a large pot of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Drain the shrimp, rinse under cold water and then drain once more.
- Put the shrimp in a large serving bowl along with the black beans, olive oil, orange juice, tomato, avocado, onion, corn, garlic, chili powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss the mixture to combine and then adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add the cilantro and toss the salad once more. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.