- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Shrimp Salad in Avocado Halves is a festive way to usher in Spring.
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shells removed
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- lettuce leaves
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- In 2 quart saucepan over high heat, heat 2 inches water and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Add shrimp; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook shrimp 1 minute or until tender; drain. Place shrimp in large bowl.
- Dice eggs; place in large bowl with shrimp. With rubber spatula, gently stir in celery, mayonaise, milk, lemon juice, paprika and 3/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Line four chilled salad plates with lettuce leaves. Cut each avocado lengthwise in half; remove seed and peel. Place one avocado half on each plate. Spoon shrimp salad into avocado halves. Arrange 2 tomato wedges alongside each serving of avocado.