- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
Not only does frozen seafood make getting your meals on the table convenient, it is quite economical. Keep your freezer stocked and a succulent seafood meal is only minutes away. Don’t believe it? Try this shrimp pocket recipe, courtesy of SeaPak, a leader in the frozen seafood industry.
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen SeaPak Shrimp Scampi – Butter and Garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 pound frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Prepare shrimp according to package directions. Halve shrimp crosswise and reserve scampi sauce in skillet for later use.
- Transfer shrimp to a large bowl and add mozzarella cheese, basil, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Set aside.
- Divide dough into four equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Roll each ball into a 6-inch round. Mound 1/4 of the shrimp mixture onto half of each round, leaving one side untopped.
- Fold over untopped side of dough, covering the filling and making a half moon. Pinch the edges together to seal and transfer pockets to prepared baking sheet. Brush the surface of pockets with some of the reserved scampi sauce, keeping remaining sauce for dipping.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over top of each pocket. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits on the top of each pocket. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.