- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Adding shrimp to a classic omelet gives it extra flavor, texture and protein with hardly any extra calories. Serve garnished with a few pinches of fresh thyme and sea salt.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pound ready-to-eat shrimp, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter, to fry
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- Place the eggs and the water into a bowl and whisk together until the mixture is frothy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk again to blend and then set aside.
- Put the butter into a frying pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the egg mixture and cook for 4 minutes until the egg has just set. Spoon the shrimp onto the omelet, season with a bit of salt and pepper and then fold the omelet in half; cook for an additional 40 seconds before transferring to a plate.
- Garnish the omelet with a pinch of sea salt and some fresh thyme. Serve immediately.