- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this Chowder in a bread bowl.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks sliced celery with tops
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can tiny shrimp, undrained (4 1/2 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- chopped parsley
- Put potatoes, celery, onion and boiling water in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on lot 9 to 10 hours (3 - 4 on high).
- Stir in pepper, evaporated milk, cheese and shrimps during last hour.
- When ready to serve, stir in sherry and salt.
- Sprinkle with parsley.