- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The shrimp in this classic Caesar salad are not only delicious, but add lots of lean protein and texture.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups chopped hearts of romaine (about 2 hearts)
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup whole-grain croutons
- Using a food processor, process the lemon juice, mustard, anchovies and garlic together until smooth, and then slowly pour the oil down the processor flute while the food processor is on.
- Add the pepper and 1/4 cup of the Asiago cheese and pulse mixture until combined.
- Place the romaine, shrimp and croutons in a large salad bowl and pour over the dressing. Gently toss the salad to coat and then top with the remaining cheese.