- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 10
Shrimp, Asparagus and Mushroom Fettucine has a decadent Alfredo sauce.
- 2 pounds fettucine
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Cook fettucine according to package directions, add asparagus during the last 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, 3 minutes.
- Combine cream, half-and-half and lemon juice in a large deep skillet; cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add pasta mixture to the cream mixture; stir well. Add cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook, tossing fettucine, until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms. Toss gently. Serve immediately.