- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 12 mini sandwiches
Definitely not your everyday boring sandwich, this truly delicious combination of shrimp and spicy mayonnaise with capers and fresh tarragon is an absolute winner.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons grated sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery heart with leaves
- 12 small (3-inch round) soft sandwich rolls split horizontally and lightly toasted
- 1 pound cooked peeled deveined large shrimp, each cut horizontally in half
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Thinly sliced butter lettuce (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, capers, onion, tarragon, celery seeds and hot sauce together until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop in the celery and mix until coated.
- Generously spread the mayonnaise mixture on the insides of each roll and then top with shrimp and with any of the optional garnishes.