- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 16 Servings
Small, savory bites of shrimp and crab, settled on a crispy potato crust.
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) container chive and onion flavored cream cheese
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (6-ounce) can crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed, flaked
- 1 (4-ounce) package frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the hash brown potatoes and the butter into a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Press the potato mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In the meantime, combine the remaining ingredients, except for 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, in a medium-sized bowl and mix to blend.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the potato crust and then place in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the appetizer from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before sprinkling with the remaining cheese.