- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
You don't need to go out to a restaurant to get wonderful Asian food. You can create this fabulous basil wontons with pineapple salsa recipe at home. Made from shrimp and basil, these wontons are a delicious appetizer that are perfect for a party. Enjoy these wontons with citrus hoisin sauce and pineapple salsa.
Always place a cloth over the wonton skins you are not using to avoid drying and cracking.
- 30 peeled and prepared shrimp
- 30 wonton squares
- 1 egg beaten
- 30 basil leaves small enough to fit in the wonton
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Lay the wonton squares on your work surface and lightly brush two of the four sides with egg.
- Place the basil on the wonton followed by the shrimp which should divide the wonton into two triangles.
- Take one of corners and fold it over the shrimp till it meets with the other corner and seal with your fingers.
- # Once the shrimp and basil are sealed in the wonton, place the wontons in a frying pan that is already set to low-to-medium heat with about a teaspoon of olive oil to cover the pan.
- Cook until wonton skin is lightly browned. Serve with citrus hoisin sauce and pineapple salsa.