- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The perfect summer salad for a relaxed get together with friends, this dish is full of vibrant tastes and color.
- 12 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 2 cups herb-garlic croutons
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- In a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt and whisk until combined.
- Place the arugula, basil, corn and tomatoes in a large salad serving bowl and then pour over all but 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Place the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1/4-teaspoon salt and add to the pan. Sauté for 3-1/2 minutes and then remove the pan from heat.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette to the shrimp, stir to coat, and then add the shrimp to the salad.
- Sprinkle the salad with the cheese and croutons, and serve immediately.