- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: Makes 5 cups
Serve these warm shredded chicken tacos, seasoned with Mexican oregano and fresh thyme, with a side of creamy guacamole and some frosty bottles of Mexican-style beer.
- 1 large white or yellow skinned onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 roasted chicken, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 20 small tortillas, warmed
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the shredded chicken, oregano and thyme and stir the mixture to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes until warm.
- Fill the warm tortillas with the mixture and serve immediately.