- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This carrot and mung bean salad dish combines a medley of wonderful flavors inspired by South and Southeastern Asia.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 green scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of dried shrimp
- 1/2 red Thai chili pepper, sliced thinly
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Place the carrots, mung bean sprouts, basil and cilantro into a salad bowl and then set aside.
- Put the dried shrimp, chili pepper, sugar, lime juice, garlic and fish sauce into a food processor, and pulse until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the papaya mixture and toss well to coat. Garish the salad with the crushed peanuts and then serve immediately.