- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 30 min
- Total: 6 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
Delicious, saucy slow cooked beef brisket, shredded for a delicious sandwich dinner.
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 (3-4 pound) beef brisket
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- Mix together the onion powder, garlic and liquid smoke and rub into the brisket. Arrange in a greased slow cooker with the water. Cook covered for 6-8 hours on low, until tender.
- Remove the brisket and allow to cool. Reserve 1/2-cup of the cooking juices.
- Use 2 forks to shred the brisket and place the meat in a large saucepan with the reserved juices and barbecue sauce. Cook until heated through.
- Serve on the rolls or buns.