- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A combination of shiitake mushrooms, fresh mozzarella cheese, radicchio and Savoy cabbage gives this citrus-drizzled salad incredible texture and taste. Serve as a fresh side dish to meat and poultry.
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cups cleaned sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 cups radicchio, shredded
- 2 cups Savoy cabbage (about a 1/4 head of cabbage), shredded
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn
- Juice of 1 orange
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- Place the cabbage, radicchio, scallions, onions, orange juice, basil and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and toss to combine.
- Put the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic and sesame seeds and sauté the mixture until fragrant. Stir in the soy sauce and the balsamic vinegar and then bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the cabbage and toss well to combine. Serve the salad topped over slices of the fresh mozzarella.