- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This vinaigrette, made with marinated shallots in vinegar, pairs extremely well with a thinly sliced cucumber salad with slivers of sweet red onion and a sprinkle of fresh dill.
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the vinegar into a bowl and add a few pinches of salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture to combine and then add the shallot. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes and then add the olive oil. Whisk the mixture once again to blend and then use immediately.