- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Mushroom and brown rice pilaf, a nice low-fat side dish.
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth, plus 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- Cook the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan until tender. Stir in the rice. Pour in the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Stir in the sherry and serve while warm.