- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You will never consider black bean soup a bland dish ever again after you try this rich and flavorful version made with sherry and chorizo.
- 1 package yellow rice
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans black bean soup (16- to 19-ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped Spanish-style chorizo (cured, not fresh; peel off casing before chopping)
- 3 tablespoons Sherry (preferably medium-dry, but feel free to use whatever Sherry you like to drink)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare the yellow rice according to package directions.
- In the meantime, place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant and golden yellow in color.
- Stir in the black bean soup, chorizo and sherry and simmer the mixture, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve the soup ladled into bowls over the yellow rice.