- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Kellogg's All-Bran® cereal is the secret ingredient in this beef, potato and corn pie.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 10 millilitres (2 teaspoons) margarine or butter
- 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) milk
- 1 millilitre (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 1 millilitre (1/4 teaspoon) pepper
- 375 grams (3/4 pound) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) All-Bran Original® cereal
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) beef broth or tomato juice
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) ground thyme
- 1 millilitres (1/4 teaspoon) pepper
- 1 can whole-kernel corn, 341 millilitres (12 ounces)
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) paprika
- 2 small tomatoes
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) finely chopped parsley
- Cut potatoes in half and cook in boiling water until tender; drain. Mash with margarine and milk; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned; drain. Add cereal, broth, Worcestershire and seasonings. Spoon into 2-litre (8-cup) baking dish. Top with corn. Spread mashed potatoes evenly on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 190 degrees C. (375 degrees F.) until heated though, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange half slices of tomato around edges; sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.