- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Shaving fresh asparagus into long strips makes an elegant side dish that is perfect for entertaining. Top with a Parmesan dressing and serve with a few pinches of sea salt and a couple of grinds of fresh black pepper.
- 2 pounds large asparagus
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 3 ounces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shave the asparagus into long and thin strips using a vegetable peeler and then place into a bowl.
- Whisk the cheese, lemon juice, water and olive oil in a salad serving bowl until blended and then add the asparagus.
- Add a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper to taste, toss to coat and then serve immediately.