- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use a mandolin to shave the fennel bulb and the green apple into thin, long strips for this crisp, cool yet fiery salad made with arugula and jalapeno pepper.
- 1-1/2 cups fennel bulb shaved thin
- 1 -1/2 cups sour green apple shaved into thin batons
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh and minced
- 1 tablespoon red jalapeno seeded and finely minced
- sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Place 2 tablespoons of the lemon zest, the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt into a small bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- In another bowl, place the fennel, apple, remaining lemon zest, arugula, thyme, jalapeno and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Immediately prior to serving, add the dressing to the salad and gently toss to coat.