- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 12
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries (rough chop)
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms Rockin' Refuel, Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 12 maraschino cherries or fresh with stem washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and toast almonds until lightly browned.
- On stove top, add 1/2 cup Shamrock Farms Rockin' Refuel Chocolate on low heat and add dried cherries to plump.
- Strain and reserve liquid for topping (if desired).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, vanilla, Shamrock Farms Sour Cream and 1/2 cup of Shamrock Farms Rockin' Refuel Chocolate.
- Fold in dry ingredients and fold in cherries. Do not over-mix!
- Scoop into medium-sized muffin tin, 3/4 full. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool.