- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 1 pound of steak
The addition of shallots to this marinade gives it a fresh bite of flavor and wonderful aroma. Use on steak prior to grilling or frying for exceptional taste.
- 3 medium-sized shallots minced
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Vigorously whisk together the ingredients in a bowl until the mixture takes on a paste-like consistency.
- Coat your steak on both sides with the marinade and place in a glass container in the refrigerator overnight.