- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 5 hr 10 min
- Total: 5 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A chunky slow cooked vegetable stew.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped, fresh broccoli
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Mix together the broth, butter, onion, celery, cumin and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Mix in the zucchini and broccoli and cook on high for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.