- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
This five-ingredient dish can be easily pulled together in 20 minutes or less. Perfect as a yummy side dish at dinner or a nice surprise on a spring weekend picnic, you can enjoy it warm off the stove or make it ahead of time and keep it chilled until ready to serve.
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 8 ounces asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, trimmed, sliced (green and white parts)
- Sesame salad dressing or vinaigrette (I prefer San-J Tamari Sesame Salad Dressing)
- Black sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain into a colander and set aside.
- Blanch asparagus in a pot of boiling water. Transfer to an ice bath to halt cooking and maintain the bright green color.
- Transfer noodles to a large bowl. Drain asparagus in colander and add to noodles. Add green onions and toss to combine.
- Add sesame dressing to taste (start conservative and add just enough to moisten and flavor). Divide among six bowls and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm or chilled.