- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
A medley of peas and shrimp are tossed with a flavorful, Asian-inspired sesame dressing made with soy sauce and rice vinegar. Serve over steamed rice.
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen petite peas, thawed
- 6 cups (8 ounces) pea shoots or bean spouts
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, add the sugar snap peas, cook for 2 minutes, and then add the snow peas and the petite peas. Cook the mixture for 1 additional minute and then drain and rinse under cold water to stop the peas from cooking any further. Pat the peas dry and then set aside.
- Place the sesame oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds into a bowl and whisk vigorously to blend.
- Place the shrimp into a shallow bowl and drizzle with half of the dressing. Toss to coat, and then add all of the peas and the pea shoots to the bowl. Toss the mixture to combine and then serve immediately.