- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You don’t always have to dress your salad with a classic oil and vinegar vinaigrette. Try tossing it with this warm dressing made with Serrano chile and fresh ginger.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Holland chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, then stir in the chile, ginger, cumin and turmeric and cook for an additional 2 minutes more.
- Add the lemon juice to the chile mixture and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Serve immediately.