- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes icing for 1 cake
If you are looking to dress a dessert in a hurry, try this quick recipe for chocolate icing which can be drizzled on cake, cupcakes or sweetbread.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the chocolate pieces, butter, corn syrup and vanilla in a small saucepan and place over low heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Use the icing immediately.