- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Sweet potatoes become feisty baked frites that warm your palate without the greasiness typical of French fries. Cayenne has kick so adjust spices to your liking.
- 1 pound sweet potato, cut into Â¼ inch sticks (do not peel)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Â½ teaspoon chile powder
- Â¼ teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- Â½ teaspoon black pepper
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and line two large baking sheets with foil.
- Place baking sheets inside oven while heating.
- Toss sweet potatoes, olive oil and spices to coat well.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven and brush lightly with olive oil or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange sweet potato fries in a single layer on the baking sheets and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing occasionally until crisp tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and reseason, if necessary.
- Serve warm on a flat dish, drizzled with ketchup and mustard or serve them standing up in a short decorative drinking glass with condiments nearby for dipping.