- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4 servings
A creamy slow cooked oyster chowder.
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton shucked oysters with liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Mix together everything but the cream in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 3-4 hours on low. Stir in the cream when ready to serve.