- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
Seafood Stew is filled with shrimp, crab and oysters.
- 1, 16 ounce package frozen shrimp
- 1, 6 ounce package frozen King crab
- 1, 5 ounce can oysters, undrained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1, 16 ounce can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- cracked pepper
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, in hot oil, stir flour until blended. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender. Stir in 3 cups water, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; cook, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in seafood and parsley and cook 10 more minutes or until bubbly.
- To serve, place a spoonful of hot rice into individual soup bowls and spoon in stew.